Diocletian's Palace Walking Tour
About Diocletian's Palace Walking Tour
Stroll through the streets of Split with a local expert on our Diocletian’s palace walking tour!
If you have limited time in Split and are looking for the top things to do in Split or just looking for a Split shore excursion this is the tour for you.
On our Split sightseeing tour you will enjoy a personalised experience and gain an insight into the daily lives of Split locals and current events in Split.
The history of this town is fascinating and we place it at the centre of our Split walking tour. A social and cultural narrative is woven into the story of Split as we enjoy a Diocletian’s palace tour and wander through Diocletian’s 1700 year-old palace- bringing it all to life!
You will learn all about the colourful life of the famous Roman emperor who built the core of modern Split. This is a story which involves many historical characters, they all had their exits and their entrances, the Ottomans, the Venetians, the French, the Austro-Hungarians…
Our Split City tour will explain how they were all very vividly present in Split and the Dalmatian region at one point in history, and each of them has left a trace in Split’s architecture, culture and daily routines too!
Once you’ve enjoyed the many sights of Split city, our Split tour guide will finish the tour with a walk up the Marjan hill, where you can enjoy panoramic views over Split city and a brief escape from the bustling streets below.
If this tour whets your appetite for Roman history, our tour of Salona, Klis and Trogir builds on the narrative – Salona was the birthplace of Diocletian and was one of the bigger cities in the entire Roman empire – visiting its ruins with its amphitheatre is a must for anyone with an interest in Roman history.
Free cancelation 24 Hour
In case plans change, you can cancel all your bookings for free up to 24 hours before they start without questions.
19:20 Meeting the guide in front of our office at Bosanska 5, Split;
19:30 Start of the guided walking tour of Split;
21:15 End of tour
Book Early & Save
The 2023 Early Booking Season has begun! Book your tours in February and get 20% discount on all shared excursions from Split. Use the promo code Early2023!
- Professional official guide for Split-Dalmatia county
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pick up and drop off
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Our regular capacity is up to 14 persons, but we can provide the same service for bigger groups, as well;
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking;
- Dress code is smart casual;
- The customer need to be at the meeting point 10 minutes prior departure;
- Refunds will not be issued if tour / activity is missed due to late or non-arrival;
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level;
- Our guides are informative, friendly and professional;
- You can cancel the reservation the day before departure without any fee.